Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Eek, I'm turning 30 soon

It's not really a secret: I'm turning 30 in February. In honor of this milestone, I decided to do something that some people might consider crazy. I might even admit it's mildly crazy, and maybe slightly scary - which is why I think it needs to happen. What am I talking about? "30 for 30" - that is, my goal is to run 30 races in 2014 to mark each of my 30 years. Not necessarily original, but it seems appropriate.

It doesn't count if someone else runs a race for me, but there is something you can help me with. To up the ante and make this worthwhile, I want to raise $3000 for Girls on the Run Philadelphia. I have the pleasure of serving on the board and coaching at one of our school sites this season, and really love what Girls on the Run stands for and what we're trying to do. If you'd like to learn more, please visit my fundraising page.
I have some ideas for how people might want to link donations to race completion, for instance. So to enable that, I'm going to commit to race reports here on this blog. You can also check up on my progress on athlinks.com  I hope you'll follow along and cheer me on either in person or electronically. Even better, come run a race (or 10) with me!

Have you ever done something crazy or scary to celebrate a birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment