Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thanks goodness for spring!

I'm afraid I tend to get the winter doldrums, and this was a particularly bad winter. Winter is really not a season of inspired cooking for me. As much as enjoy the hearty foods, I get a little tired of kale and beets. So, welcome spring! I am looking forward to some fresh produce and more diversity! Nothing that I have cooked recently comes to mind as anything exciting to post, but I did try a delicious dish that I want to share. Standard Tap (in the Northern Liberties area) has a delicious fiddlehead ferns and fava beans dish right now. Fiddlehead ferns are a short-lived spring item, so get them while you can! I had been wanting to try them for some time, and this was the year! Unique and wonderful. Try them out before they're gone! And I promise I will post some more recipes soon. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment